Danforth & Broadview
We Are Open!
We are excited to announce that we are re-opening our clinics and will operate based on the guidelines established by Ontario Government and the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario (CMTO). The health of our clients, therapists and staff is our priority. Our team has been hard at work to raise the bar of hygiene and sanitation, as well as considering every step of the treatment process to ensure we meet your needs in a focused and safe manner that is in accordance with government guidelines.
A few things have changed, and we would like to share those details with you.
For the comfort and safety of our clients, therapists, and staff, new precautionary safety measures are in place.
Sutherland-Chan Clinic Danforth & Broadview Will Be:
- Conducting daily health screenings for our clients, therapists, staff, and anyone who enters the clinic.
- Using the Ontario self-assessment tool to assess for COVID-19 symptoms.
- Having therapists, staff, and clients who exhibit symptoms and do not pass screening sent home, recommended to call their doctor, and required to isolate for 14 days. These findings will be documented.
- Having our staff/therapists’ (a) temperature taken and (b) screening questionnaire completed for every shift.
- Providing face masks and eye protection shields for our therapists and staff.
- Having our therapists and staff wear surgical masks as recommended by the CMTO and Health Canada; they will be changed when appropriate and/or when necessary.
- Having all therapists and staff change out of their street clothes when they enter the clinic to begin their shift.
- Having all therapists and staff wash their hands and/or sanitize their hands using alcohol based hand sanitizer, in accordance with Ministry of Health guidelines as often as is necessary or appropriate.
- As per our regular protocol, having our therapists continue to observe the highest standards of hand hygiene by washing their hands, forearms and elbows regularly, especially before and after each treatment.
- Ensuring hand hygiene is strictly observed, and hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the clinic.
- Respecting physical distancing (outside of actual treatments) of two metres or more, including limiting the number of therapists, staff, and clients in the clinic at the same time and in general.
- Staggering appointment times to minimize unnecessary physical proximity (i.e. reduce the number of clients simultaneously waiting for treatment).
- Reducing the number of treatments in a day and increasing the time between appointments to allow for proper sanitizing and disinfecting of treatment rooms.
- Increasing cleaning and sanitization in high touch and common areas.
- Accepting appointments by phone and email only. Note: If you book by e-mail, please provide a contact number where our reception can reach you to conduct a mandatory pre-appointment health screening questionnaire. Treatments cannot be provided unless a satisfactory pre-screening is completed.
- Limiting appointments to 60 minutes maximum (unless otherwise arranged with your therapist) in order to maintain optimal service and safety.
- Cleaning and disinfecting high touch areas such as the waiting area coffee tables, chairs, washroom counters, paper dispensers, doorknobs, handles, light switches, etc…, throughout the day. We use cleaners and sanitizers endorsed by Health Canada as effective disinfectants and sanitizers against COVID-19.
- Posting visible notices concerning hand washing, social distancing, and cleaning schedule throughout our clinic.
For Our Clients, Please Be Advised That:
- All clients are required to wear a clean mask upon entering Sutherland-Chan Clinic for the duration of the treatment and throughout your time in the clinic.
- All clients are to wash/sanitize their hands, in the manner prescribed by the Ministry of Health upon entering the clinic.
- All clients are to respect physical distancing of 2 metres in our clinics, except for the close proximity required for treatments.
- All clients are required to complete a screening questionnaire at reception prior to treatment.
- Any person not following our protocols will be asked to immediately leave the clinic.
Your Appointment At The Clinic:
- You will be required to wash/sanitize their hands in the manner prescribed by the Ministry of Health upon entering the clinic.
- You will be asked to verbally complete a screening questionnaire (click here to see questionnaire) at the time of booking. If you do not pass the test, we will be unable to book your appointment and we will attempt to reschedule when safe to do so.
- You will be required to wear a mask when entering the clinic and for the duration of your treatment.
- New clients will be sent an e-mail with a link to our Health History Form to complete prior to arriving. Please print a copy and bring to your appointment.
- All visitors to the clinic are required to complete a visitor log entry as per the requirements of CMTO for contact tracing.
- Acrylic shield barriers are installed in the reception area.
- Social distancing will be observed at the reception, hallway, and waiting areas. Floor markings/decals are placed in reception to denote physical distancing locations.
- Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment. Please refrain from bringing family or friends with you while attending your appointment unless their appointment times are the same as yours. If you require a family member or companion to escort you because of safety, they will be required to wait outside of the clinic.
- During your visit to the clinic, the receptionist and your therapist will greet you with a smile instead of a handshake.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the entrance of the clinic and at various designated locations throughout the clinic for your frequent use.
- A sanitized pen at reception will be provided for you to complete the screening form; after using it, please place the pen in the designated “used box” for disinfection.
- In order to minimize your time at reception, check-in and check-out will be altered compared to the past. We only accept credit card/debit card payments at this time and will not be accepting cash. If you make your payment when you make your appointment over the phone, we will provide the receipt for you when you arrive.
- You must call us to cancel your booked appointment if you begin to exhibit any COVID-19 symptoms prior to your treatment. We do not want you to feel pressured to attend your appointment if you are feeling unwell or are concerned of having acquired COVID-19 in the time prior to your visit. Therefore, last minute cancellation penalties will be waived during this time, except for No-Shows.
- If you are using a clinic washroom, please close the toilet seat lid (if available) before flushing and wipe down the toilet seat, toilet handle, counter, and toilet paper dispenser with disinfectant wipes/solution provided to minimize potential for droplet/contact transmission.
- Please use the garbage bins provided to dispose of waste and DO NOT flush paper towels down the toilet.
- All sheets, pillowcases, and towels will be washed by our linen company after each client.
- No blankets will be provided.
- For sanitizing purposes, there will be covers on treatment tables and pillowcases and these will be disinfected after each client visit.
- Gloves may be worn by therapists because of treatment needs; they will be disposed of after each treatment.
- There will be a pen in the treatment room for you to sign your consent form. After using it, please put it in the “used box” for disinfection.
- Treatment rooms will be sanitized and disinfected after each client.