COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire
Click here to access the COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire prior to your appointment.
December 22, 2020 – Update
Despite further lockdown until January, the Sutherland-Chan Clinics remain OPEN.
We Are Still Open!
Registered massage therapists (RMT’s) are regulated under the Regulated Health Professions Act and as such are recognized health professionals.
While the province has declared that all non-essential services are to be closed for the near future to combat the spread of COVID-19, RMT’s, as regulated health professionals, will remain ready and available to care for your essential healthcare needs.
RMT’s are not subject to the closure notice prescribed by the province as we provide recognized health services to our clients/patients. Our COVID-19 protocols are among the most stringent found anywhere and we encourage you, our clients/patients, to keep your appointments if possible or if you have questions to please be in touch.
We stand ready to answer any and all inquiries and to provide the essential health services you have come to expect from the profession.
Please be well, stay safe, and recognize that working together we will come through the current crisis and emerge stronger than before.
Take good care,
Grace Chan and the team at Sutherland-Chan Professional RMT Clinics
November 18, 2020 – Update
We are excited to announce that ALL our clinics have re-opened since end of June 2020 and we continued to operate based on the guidelines established by Ontario Government and the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario (CMTO). The health of our clients, therapists and staff is our priority. Our team has been hard at work to raise the bar of hygiene and sanitation, as well as considering every step of the treatment process to ensure we meet your needs in a focused and safe manner that is in accordance with government guidelines.
A few things have changed, and we would like to share those details with you.
The Sutherland-Chan clinics instituting the following protocols are:
- Leslie 416-492-1615
- MetroCentre 416-598-8865
- Royal Bank Plaza 416-364-6561
- Spadina 416-960-4769
- TD Centre 416-214-9688
- Yonge & Eglinton 416-484-6688
- Belleville 1-613-554-8888
For information on the protocols being employed by the following franchise clinics, please contact the individual locations:
- Danforth 416-690-5777 or click here.
- Richmond Hill 416-613-9107
- Bay & College (WCH) 647-748-8585
- Yonge & Bloor 416-613-8880
Sutherland-Chan® would like to share some of the new precautionary safety measures we have in place so you can have peace of mind knowing that we’re putting the comfort and safety of our clients, therapists, and staff above all:
Sutherland-Chan Clinics will be:
- Conducting daily health screenings and contact tracing for our clients, therapists, staff, and anyone who enters the clinic.
- Providing face masks and face protection shields for our therapists and staff.
- Ensuring hand hygiene is strictly observed, and hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the clinic.
- Respecting physical distancing (outside of actual treatments) of two meters or more, including limiting the number of therapists, staff, and clients in the clinic at the same time and in general.
- Staggering appointment times will minimize unnecessary physical proximity (i.e. minimize the number of clients waiting for treatment at the same time).
- Reducing the number of treatments in a day
- Booking 30 minutes between clients to allow for proper sanitizing and disinfecting the treatment rooms after each client
- Increasing cleaning and sanitization in high touch and common areas.
- Implementing contactless check-in and check-out.
- Appointments are accepted in person at reception or by phone and email.
For our clients, pleased be advised that:
- All clients are required to wear a clean mask upon entering any of the Sutherland-Chan Professional clinics, for the duration of the treatment and throughout your time in the clinic.
- All clients are to wash their hands, in the manner prescribed by the Ministry of Health upon entering the clinic.
- All clients to respect physical distancing in our clinics, except for the close proximity required for treatments.
- All clients are required to complete a screening questionnaire when making an appointment by phone or e-mail, and at reception prior to treatment.
- Any person not following our protocols will be asked to leave the clinic.
- If you cannot follow our pandemic protocol, please let the reception know when booking your appointment. We will not be able to allow you into the clinic if you don’t follow our pandemic protocol.
KEEP READING if you are interested in knowing more about our approach to our re-opening, including further details on how we are making our clinics safe, and ways we are supporting our therapists, staff and communities through this crisis.
For the comfort and safety of our clients, therapists, and staff, new precautionary safety measures are in place. Details of our updated procedures include:
- All clinics will re-open at their normal hours (subject to change). Appointments are accepted at reception or by phone and e-mail at this time. If you are booked by e-mail, please provide a contact number where our reception can reach you to conduct a mandatory pre-appointment health screening questionnaire. There will be no treatments unless a satisfactory pre-screening is completed
- In order to maintain optimal service and safety, we are limiting appointments to 60 minutes maximum, unless otherwise arranged with your therapist.
- We will be staggering appointments and our clinics will be operating with fewer therapists than normal to help us maintain physical distancing requirements.
- The use Ontario self-assessment tool to assess for COVID-19 symptoms.
- All our therapists and staff are required to have their temperature taken and complete a screening questionnaire for every shift.
- All our therapists and staff are always required to wear surgical masks recommended by CMTO and Health Canada and to change those masks when appropriate and/or when necessary.
- All our therapists and staff are provided with and required to wear PPEs and face protection gear, e.g. face-shield, protective eyeglasses or goggles. All face (eye) protection equipment will be sanitized between appointments.
- All therapists and staff are required to change out of their street clothes when they enter the clinic and into their work wear. These are washed every day.
- All therapists and staff are required to wash their hands or use hand sanitizers, in accordance with Ministry of Health guidelines as often as is necessary or appropriate.
- As per our regular protocol, our therapists will continue to observe the highest standards of hand hygiene by washing their hands regularly, especially before and after each treatment.
- High touch areas such as the waiting area coffee tables, chairs and display cases, washroom counters, toilet paper dispenser cases, doorknobs, handles, railings, light switches, etc…, will be cleaned and disinfected throughout the day. We use green cleaners and sanitizers endorsed by Health Canada as effective disinfectants and sanitizers against COVID-19. All hand sanitizers contain 65% – 75% alcohol.
- Therapists, staff, and clients who exhibit symptoms and do not pass screening will be sent home, findings documented, recommended to call their doctor, and required to isolate for 14 days.
- Posters concerning hand washing, social distancing, and our cleaning schedule will be posted throughout our clinics.
Your appointment at the clinic:
- You will be asked to verbally complete a screening questionnaire (LINK) at the time of booking. If you do not pass the test, you will be refused an appointment and asked to reschedule for 14 days later.
- New clients will be sent an e-mail with a link to our Health History Form to complete prior to arriving. Please print a copy and bring to your appointment.
- Plexiglass shield barriers will be installed in reception area.
- Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment and refrain from bringing family or friends with you while attending your appointment unless their appointment times are the same as yours. If you require family member or companion to escort you because of safety, they will be required to wait outside of the clinic.
- You will be required to wear a mask when entering the clinic and for the duration of your treatment.
- When you enter the clinic, the receptionist and your therapist will greet you with a smile instead of a handshake.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the entrance of the clinic and at various designated locations throughout the clinic for your frequent use.
- You are required to hand sanitize or wash your hands upon entry to the clinic, after touching anything in the clinic and before leaving the clinic, as well as before and after your treatment.
- There will be a sanitized pen at reception for you to fill out the screening form; after use, please place the pen in the used box for disinfection.
- In order to minimize your time at reception, we will be implementing contactless check-in and check-out. We only accept credit card/debit card payments at this time and will not be accepting cash. If you make your payment when you make your appointment over the phone, we will provide the receipt for you when you arrive.
- To further minimize your time at reception, please call back to rebook your appointments, or write down your next preferred appointment times and our receptionist will call or e-mail you to confirm.
- You must call us to cancel if you start to exhibit symptoms of COVID-19 prior to your treatment. We do not want you to feel pressured to attend your appointment if you are feeling unwell. Therefore, last minute cancellation penalties will be waived during this time, except for No-Shows.
- There will be a designated washroom in the clinic for your use. If your particular clinic has only one washroom or no washroom at the clinic, you will be asked to use the public washroom nearby.
- If you are using a clinic washroom, please close the toilet seat lid before flushing and wipe down the toilet seat, toilet handle, counter, and toilet paper dispenser with disinfectant wipes provided.
- Please use the garbage bins provided to dispose of waste and DO NOT flush paper towels down the toilet.
- All sheets, pillowcases, and towels will be washed by our linen company after each client.
- No blankets will be provided.
- All face-cradles will be covered by either a cloth draped over the face cradle or a disposable cover and disposed of after each client.
- The cover sheet will either be double sheets or a single flannel sheet, depending on the clinic.
- All garbage cans now have lids in the clinics.
- For sanitizing purposes, there will be vinyl covers on treatment tables and pillowcases and these will be disinfected after each client.
- Gloves may be worn by therapists because of treatment needs; they will be disposed after each treatment.
- There will be a pen in the treatment room for you to sign your consent form. After using it, please put it in the used box for disinfection.
- Treatment rooms will be sanitized and disinfected after each client.