WE ARE OPEN!
The Sutherland-Chan clinics instituting the following protocols are:
- Leslie 416-492-1615
- MetroCentre 416-598-8865
- Royal Bank Plaza 416-364-6561
- Spadina 416-960-4769
- TD Centre 416-214-9688
- Yonge & Eglinton 416-484-6688
- Belleville 1-613-554-8888
For information on the protocols being employed by the following franchise clinics, please contact the individual locations:
- Danforth 416-690-5777 or click here.
- Richmond Hill 416-613-9107
- Bay & College (WCH) 647-748-8585
- Yonge & Bloor 416-613-8880
Sutherland-Chan® would like to share some of the new precautionary safety measures we have in place so you can have peace of mind knowing that we’re putting the comfort and safety of our clients, therapists, and staff above all:
- Health screenings will be conducted upon scheduling an appointment and/or at reception prior your treatment.
- Required to wear a clean mask upon entering any of the Sutherland-Chan Professional clinics (for the duration of the treatment and throughout your time in the clinic).
- Required to wash and/or sanitize hands in the manner prescribed by the Ministry of Health upon entering the clinic, after touching anything in the clinic and before leaving the clinic, as well as before and after your treatment (hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the clinic).
- Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment and refrain from bringing family or friends with you while attending your appointment unless their appointment times are the same as yours. If you require family member or companion to escort you because of safety, they will be required to wait outside of the clinic.
- You must call us to cancel if you start to exhibit symptoms of COVID-19 prior to your treatment. We do not want you to feel pressured to attend your appointment if you are feeling unwell. Therefore, last minute cancellation penalties will be waived during this time, except for No-Shows.
- New clients will be sent an e-mail with a link to our Health History Form to complete prior to arriving – please print a copy and bring to your appointment.
- To respect physical distancing in our clinics, except for the close proximity required for treatments.
- Any person not following our protocols will be asked to immediately leave the clinic.
Our Therapists and Staff:
- Will have their temperature taken and complete a screening questionnaire for every shift.
- Will wear surgical masks and/or eye protection e.g. face-shield, protective eyeglasses or goggles. All eye protection equipment will be sanitized between appointments, and masks are changed when appropriate and/or when necessary as recommended by CMTO and Health Canada.
- Will change out of their street clothes they enter the clinic and into their work wear. These are washed every day.
- Will wash their hands or use hand sanitizers, in accordance with Ministry of Health guidelines; and as per our regular protocol, our therapists will continue to observe the highest standards of hand hygiene by washing their hands regularly, especially before and after each treatment.
- When you enter the clinic, the receptionist and your therapist will greet you with a smile instead of a handshake.
- Plexiglass shield barriers will be installed in reception area.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the entrance of the clinic and at various designated locations throughout the clinic.
- Sanitized pens will be available at the reception to fill out forms; after use, please place the pen in the “USED” holder for disinfection.
- Social distancing will be observed at reception, waiting area and hallway. Floor decals are placed at reception to mark physical distancing spots.
- High touch areas such as the waiting area, coffee tables, chairs and display cases, washroom counters, toilet paper dispensers, doorknobs, handles, railings, light switches, etc., will be cleaned and disinfected throughout the day. We use green cleaners and sanitizers endorsed by Health Canada as effective disinfectants and sanitizers against COVID-19. All hand sanitizers contain 65% – 75% alcohol.
- There will be a designated washroom in the clinic for “CLIENTS USE”. If a particular clinic has only one washroom or no washroom at the clinic, clients will be asked to use the public washroom nearby.
- When using a clinic washroom, please close the toilet seat lid before flushing, and wipe down the toilet seat, toilet handle, counter, and toilet paper dispenser with disinfectant wipes provided. Please use the garbage bins provided to dispose of waste and DO NOT flush paper towels and wipes down the toilet.
- Posters concerning hand washing, social distancing, and our cleaning schedule??? will be posted throughout our clinics.
- At the end of each day, common areas, curtains, fabrics, and carpets are sprayed down and disinfected by products recommended by Health Canada.
- Therapists, staff, and clients who exhibit symptoms and do not pass screening will be sent home, findings documented, recommended to call their doctor, and required to isolate for 14 days.
- All clinics will re-open at their normal hours (subject to change). Appointments are made by phone and e-mail ONLY at this time. If you are booked by e-mail, please provide a contact number where our reception can reach you to conduct a mandatory pre-appointment health screening. There will be no treatments unless a satisfactory pre-screening is completed.
- At the time of booking, you will be asked to verbally complete a screening questionnaire (click here to see questionnaire). If you do not pass the test, you will be refused an appointment and asked to reschedule for 14 days later.
- In order to minimize your time at reception, we will be implementing contactless check-in and check-out. We only accept credit card/debit card payments at this time and will not be accepting cash. Your receipt will be e-mailed to you. If you make your payment when you make your appointment over the phone, we will provide the receipt for you when you arrive.
- To further minimize your time at reception, please call back to rebook your appointments, or write down your next preferred appointment times and our receptionist will call or e-mail you to confirm.
- In order to maintain optimal service and safety, we are limiting appointments to 60 minutes maximum, unless otherwise arranged with your therapist.
- Staggering appointment times will minimize unnecessary physical proximity (i.e. minimize the number of clients waiting for treatment at the same time).
- We will be reducing the number of treatments in a day (30 min break between clients) to allow for proper sanitizing and disinfecting of the treatment rooms after each client.
- The use Ontario self-assessment tool to assess for COVID-19 symptoms.
Our Treatment Rooms:
- For sanitizing purposes, there will be vinyl covers on treatment tables and pillowcases and these will be disinfected after each client.
- All sheets, pillowcases, and towels will be washed by our linen company in the highest temperature possible.
- Blankets will no longer be provided.
- All face-cradles will be covered by a disposable cover and disposed of after each client.
- Gloves may be worn by therapists based on treatment needs; they will be disposed after each treatment.
- A sanitized pen is available in the treatment room for clients to sign consent form, which can be placed in the “USED” box for disinfection.
- Treatment rooms will be sanitized and disinfected after each client.